
We have not had internet service at our apartment since Saturday afternoon, except for a few blissful hours when we were able to steal our neighbor's unprotected wireless on Sunday. Punit, our office manager, was very apologetic yesterday, explaining that "with these internet guys, you have to call every hour and follow up, and they'll say it will be fixed in 6 hours, but then it isn't," and I was like, "Dude, you know I've been in India most of the time since June, right? You think you need to 'splain that to me? I knows me some Indian repair protocols."
So yeah. I am posting from work. The internet at work only goes out once every couple of months, so that is nice.
Dan and Misti recently discovered a veritable paradise just a couple of blocks past our usual shopping area near the apartment. It is a street with trash cans that people apparently actually use; no car horns blaring; and several nice, clean shops, including a small produce/grocery store and A REAL LIVE BAKERY that makes ZOMG!!1!!1!!! whole grain breads. Which you can buy. And then eat. Mmmmm. Nom nom nom. (The "whole wheat" bread at the regular supermarket is basically overprocessed white bread that has been colored brown.)
We are closing in on the end of the training cycle for our six new hires, and then Dan will be flying back to the US. I have half a mind to either stow away in his luggage or tie him to something heavy at the office so HE CAN'T LEAVE PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME DAN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment