Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the sky is falling, but not on us

No, we were not in this building, nor anywhere particularly near it (it is in a neighborhood a little north of us). It doesn't surprise me, though, that there is a known issue with buildings collapsing during monsoon. Everything here looks a little...collapse-y.

Does anyone else find the following sentence from that news article somewhat odd? "Seven people, including four women, were plucked from under mounds of concrete, twisted metal bars and mud by rescuers who carried them to a nearby hospital on makeshift stretchers." Seven people, including four women? Because, uhh, women are some kind of special subset of "people," so you should mention it specially when they appear somewhere? Okayyyy.

Casey and I and some other people (including one woman) are going to Delhi and Agra and the TAJ MAHAL this weekend. Saturday forecast: 97 degrees. I predict we are gonna be seeing some *hot* monkeys. If you know what I mean. (If you do, please tell me, because I HAVE NO IDEA...but it was fun to say.)

No comments: