Do you remember Diwali? The fireworks, the fun, the dancing, the ear-splitting explosions from 6 am to 1 am for a week straight, the super-sized helping of smoke/smell/"it tastes like...burning..." But my favorite thing was the morning after the very last night, when entire blocks were lined with three-feet high mounds of fireworks boxes and other trash. But, now, this:

Has become this:

And is hanging in my kitchen. Now I can ask myself every day, "Hmm, what will I blow up today?" as I drink my orange juice. I also got this picture framed, which I bought at the Prince Albert museum downtown for approximately cents 75. So it wasn't totally free, but it was pretty close.

Lastly, I've been reading the blog lately and Karen's been talking about her big and tall issues. I don't know about that, but if you want to talk about Chubs, have you seen Alex lately? Look at that belly!! Guess he's been at the burritos again.

No comments:
Post a Comment