Wednesday, August 20, 2008

foodie happiness

I know I keep talking about this and it is of interest to no one but me, but I set up this damn blog, so suck it up. It is SO much easier to stay vegan in San Francisco than in Bombay. There are lots of vegan restaurants. I can buy things like nutritional yeast and cashew butter and vegan margarine and cheese and fresh leafy greens that won't kill me with E. Coli (usually) and tempeh and gluten flour and seitan and soyrizo and soy yogurt etc. etc. I have a blender and a food processor. I have heavy pans that have real non-stick surfaces that don't scrape off in shreds into your food when you have the sheer audacity to use a plastic spatula on them. You get the idea.

James is visiting, so this morning I made us vegan omelettes (recipe at Fat Free Vegan Kitchen) and tempeh bacon:



Quoth James, "That was fancy!"

And also we got to drink coffee that was neither instant nor disgusting nor carried by hand from 10,000 miles away just so you can get a cup of decent coffee in the morning for god's sake is that too much to ask.

And also? I get to take showers that are warm and involve more than a trickle. And I don't have to watch for roaches when I walk around my apartment.

No comments: