
This is my last weekend in country (that's a little shout-out to JFH), it's currently Saturday afternoon, and for the last couple of hours I have been howyousay slowly losing it, and here's why:
a. The internet went out around 3:00, and typically when it goes out it does not spontaneously come back, and did I mention it is Saturday which means there is no way this would be dealt with before Monday?
2. When I sighed and thought to myself, well, at least I can watch the Discovery channel or something, I discovered that the TV ALSO IS NOT WORKING. It is giving me the television equivalent of the blue screen of death.
iii. It is 90+ degrees outside, and the air quality is "smoke" (see helpful graphic below), so it's not like I am going to go for a refreshing walk to clear my head.

But in some sort of belated (or perhaps very early) Christmas miracle, the internet has shown up again, at least for the moment. Which, thank god, because otherwise I'd have had about 36 hours staring me in the face where my biggest hope for entertainment would have been knitting and listening to tinny music emanating from my iBook. Who says the life of a globe-trotting linguist manager lady isn't glamorous?
And to prove my point, now I will go have toast for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment