Wednesday, August 20, 2008

cheese...y

It is possible to make a pretty damn good vegan version of mac 'n' cheese, even without resorting to using soy cheese (which they don't seem to have here anyway; I can't even find vegan margarine):



One out of one Alex agrees that this dish is deliciously edible even if you are not vegan:



In fact, he just walked past me to get seconds.

I am excited about having lunch leftovers, although unfortunately they won't last long enough to take to work on Monday. A friend of mine reminded me this week that we used to take funny Polaroids of ourselves and stick them on our lunches with admonishing messages in the work fridge back at Educational Testing Service. This is a cell phone photo of a photo; I think you can still read the message, but unfortunately you can't really feel the intensity of our collective monitorial glare:



And check it out! I had hair once.

No comments: