There were cool butterflies in the garden:
This is the same garden place where Robin and Alex took photos of the penguin trash cans and the giant shoe, and as much as I would love to make use of the "very large shoe" tag again, it's not really worth the redundant photo here. Oh wait, but I just talked about it, so I can still use the tag! Awesome.
What was not so awesome was the ride home. Which took almost two hours. In the dark. In a rickety, stall-prone, seatbelt-less, 40-year-old taxi (the same as all the other taxis). In bumper-to-bumper traffic, without air conditioning, and with exhaust fumes and ambient smoke you could cut with a knife. Seriously, I feel like my life expectancy went down by at least two years on this ride. I am not even going to try to describe it. Once in a while I would turn around to Dan and Misti in the back seat and just widen my eyes and silently plead, "What in the name of sweet holy jesus in motherf@cking hell?"
But back to our day. Here's a guy taking a nap in his taxi; the drivers do this a lot. This one was in a line of at least five taxis parked along the road with feet sticking out of the back seats.
We had yummy food again at the same place we went to dinner last time we were downtown, and we did some serious shopping. Misti got a rug and some jewelry and a wall hanging, Dan got some gifts, and I got jewelry for myself, including, but not limited to, the following:
(That's coral.)
(Those are freshwater pearls and...um...some pale blue-green stones.)
OK, it's really hard to think about being frugal and saving up for a nice dishwasher when you are stuck 10,000 miles away from your apartment.
Anyhooooo, the rest of the photos I took today are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment